fredag 27. april 2012

Working hard....

The first version of my softplastiv bait was close to worthless. I had mad the paddle to flimsy vs the root of the tail. I poured a polyurethan duplicate, which I worked on, made the tail section thinner and bigger/thicker profile for the paddle itself. Modified my first mold, so that I didnt have to wate another kilo of RTV (I used 50 grams for this modification vs 1 kilo for the first, unsucessful mold)

Top left: I carved out some space in the old mold, and rebuild the tail section of my first version,
Top right: When I was satisfied, I "sealed" up the old mold, so I could pour new RTV.
Bottom left: The RTV is poured. Rtv sticks to RTV, so my new mold should be pretty seamless.
Bottom right: The result, the bait now have thicker and bigger profile paddle, and the root of the tail is thinner than version #1.
Will test the new version shortly...

I also painted a couple of hard baits this week, and the second coat of clear is in the turner as we speak. Took a crappy pic for show...

Ingen kommentarer: