mandag 28. februar 2011

Spinnerbaits

 Starting out with a home molded body, with a straight shaft.
After bending, ad desired blade. I paint mine with airbrush and use C&W Lure epoxy, it takes a bit longer than powderpaint, but I use what I have, and powderpaint I dont have. Besides the ones I made last year held up very nice.
Next, its time for the skirt, black skirt nickle blade is a huge favourite of mine. I use The Skirt Factory tool to hold the skirt band open.
The tricky part is to get the skirt pad thru the rubber band. I like many strands, to give the bait some volume. A folded pad will give around 80 strands.
The pad is in place, now its time for stretching. I clamp the skirt in the tool and stretch and let go, this seperates the strands.
After some stretching and let going, it starts to look like a skirt. Now stretch the other side.
Slide the ready skirt over the spinnerbait head, and secure with a zip tie.
Now just ad trailer hook/grub to your likings.


1 kommentar:

Trym Enger sa...

Kommer noen av disse for salg?